The MCP16311/2 device is a compact, high-efficiency, fixed frequency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter in an 8-pin MSOP or 2x3 Thin Dual Flat No Leads (TDFN) package that accepts input voltages up to 30V. Integrated features include a high-side as well as a low-side switch, fixed frequency peak current mode control, internal compensation, overcurrent limit and under-voltage lockout over-temperature protection.
High converter efficiency is achieved by integrating the low-resistance, high-speed low-side and high-side switches as well as associated drive circuitry. In order to deliver high efficiency over the entire load range, starting from ~100 μA up to 1A, the MCP16311 can run in both Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) and Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) mode. It switches to PFM mode for light load conditions and for large buck conversion ratios.
MCP16312 can run in PWM-only mode.
Buy here >
- Input Voltage Range: 4.4V to 30V with UVLO at 4.1V to start and 3.6V to stop
- Up to 1A Output Current Capability
- Integrated low-side (RDSON: 170 mΩ) and Integrated high-side (RDSON: 300 mΩ)
- Switching Frequency: 500 kHz
- Reference Voltage: 0.8V
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 2V to 24V
- Automatic PFM/PWM for the MCP16311 or PWM-only operation for the MCP16312
- Low Device Quiescent Current: 44 μA (non-switching) for MCP16311
- Low Device Shutdown Current: 4 μA
- Soft-start time: 300 μs
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Thermal Shutdown: 150 °C with 25 °C hysteresis