MPLAB Code Configurator enables, configures and utilizes a rich set of peripherals across a select list of devices. It’s integrated into MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to provide a very powerful and extremely easy-to-use development platform. The MPLAB Code Configurator plugin includes the MCC Content Manager Wizard. The MCC Content Manager Wizard is used to download and update the Harmony 3 framework on your local machine. You should install MPLAB Code Configurator before downloading the framework.
MCC is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the MPLAB Harmony framework. It dramatically simplifies 32-bit (SAM and PIC®) core and peripheral configuration. It also allows you to enable and configure any of the specific Harmony framework libraries (e.g., device drivers, system services, USB, TCP/IP, graphics, AI/ML, etc.) you may need for your project.
MCC is available as a plugin extension to MPLAB® X IDE.
Install MPLAB Code Configurator
Click Next, accept the license terms, and click Install.
Click Finish to restart the IDE.
Create a New MCC Harmony Project
Your computer is ready to use MPLAB Code Configurator. You can create a new MCC Harmony project from scratch. For more details on how to create one, visit "Create a New MCC Based Project"
Open an Existing MCC Harmony Project
You can open one of the many demonstration application projects that are included in the Harmony framework (see the apps folder in each repository). For more information, visit "Open an Existing MCC Based Project".
MPLAB Code Configurator Overview
The MCC plugin’s main window for the project will be displayed.
- Resource Manager has two sections: one is Project Resources and another one is Device Resources.
- Project Resources: the project resources area displays all of the peripherals currently configured for the project. For example, (CMSIS and Device Family Packs (DFP)). Select a peripheral here, and the peripheral is ready to be configured in the Composer area. In the Project Resource area, the System module is always present. The System module simplifies the setting of configuration bits and configures the system clock.
- Device Resources: the Device resources area displays available peripherals for the device. Click on the peripheral you want to add to your project. The peripheral moves to the MCC Project Resources area and is ready to be configured to your project's requirements. For example, Harmony Peripheral Libraries (PLIBs) for your device.
- Versions: shows MPLAB Code Configurator Plugin version information as well as different libraries and their version. For example, the supported Harmony v3 library.
- Project Graph: shows the instantiated components. You can instantiate available components by double-clicking on the component in the Device Resources panel. After successful component instantiation, you can see the instantiated components under the Project Resources panel.
- Configuration Options: displays the tree view of the selected component under the Project Graph Area. You can configure the selected component in this section.