The capabilities of MPLAB® X IDE can be enhanced with plugins. A plugin is a code module or applet which adds functionality to MPLAB X IDE. Plugins are distributed in files called NetBeans Modules (NBMs). Plugin files have the suffix .nbm. Many are developed or supported by Microchip. Others are provided by third parties.
Plugins are managed from the Plugins Window. From there you can:
- Install plugins supplied by Microchip
- Install plugins supplied by third parties
- View installed plugins
- Configure the settings of installed plugins
- Update installed plugins
Examples of Available Plugins
Among the plugins available for MPLAB X IDE are:
- Data Monitor and Control Interface (DMCI)
- Microchip Code Configurator (MCC)
- MPLAB Data Visualizer
- Segger JLink Probe
A comprehensive list of the plugins can be found in the Plugins Window. There you will see a list of all the available and installed plugins for your installation of MPLAB X IDE.